Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet blessings flow!

As I sit back and reflect on my day today I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the many blessings God is pouring into my life while I am abroad. My co-workers at my job are literally angels. Today two of them decided to bring me "American" food for lunch. One of the ladies walked in with a Subway sandwich just for me and the other brought me a ham and cheese sandwich. This may not seem like gourmet American food, but to me, it was heavenly. The sandwiches did not have eyes staring at me or skin I needed to peel off, and best of all-no chopsticks required! During our lunch break the women sit around and plan "toursity" things for me to do with them while I am here. Literally the women made a list of the things I needed to do while in Singapore and then divided the activities amongst each other so I will have someone to go with. Angels or what? During free time today I was asked to teach the children American dance and cheerleading moves. I traveled back in time to the days where I used to do that stuff and spent a solid two hours in the Singapore heat teaching the girls the best I could, I am convinced I looked like an idiot, but they ate it up. I am so blessed to be spending my days with adorable children and generous adults. 

Every time I get on the computer I am greeted with emails and facebook notifications from my friends and family back home letting me know how much I am missed, loved and in their prayers. I can feel the Texas love all the way in Asia. I think those emails, facebook messages, and skype sessions are God's way of reminding me of the love and mercy He has graciously given me via my wonderful support system back home. I am one blessed girl, it just may have taken a trip to another continent for me to realize it.
Here are some pictures from the last few days-

On the way to work
The house where I am living(the attic is on the 3rd floor and the window at the top peers into my room)
Girls from the school-the one of the left is Averil and she is Taylor Swift's biggest fan.

Chinese cake-it is very gummy and sticky(it has an actual name but I forgot it)

                    

P.s -tonight I walked to the gas station tonight  and bought a Coca-Cola Light(Diet Coke) and an ice cream cone, so I am also currently thankful for processed food and aspartame!

No comments:

Post a Comment